Reports to the General Manager. Responsible for the consistent preparation of innovative and creative cuisine of the highest quality, presentation and farm to table flavor for The Grill at Iron City, weddings, and other private events, resulting in outstanding guest satisfaction.
Additionally, responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen and banquet service, manage areas of profit, stock, wastage control, hygiene practices and training within the kitchen. Must be flexible and innovative with ideas regarding the possible expansion of the restaurant, and the venue space. We’re looking for a talented chef that can make the restaurant and catering experiences rock as much as the music in our venue!
Train, develop and motivate supervisors and culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
Teach preparation according to well defined recipes and follow up and discuss ways of constantly improving the cuisine at the property.
Foster and maintain relationships with our partner farms, and works to consistently create unique dishes that utilize in-season produce.
Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
Should be able to provide direction for all day-to-day operations in the kitchen.
Understand employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead and influence the kitchen staff.
Advocate sound financial/business decision making; demonstrate honesty and integrity; and lead by example.
Provide and support service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
Improve service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Review staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Actively involved in menu development and maintaining updated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
• Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
• Recognize superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Follow proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Ensure all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with local Health department standards.
• Coordinate the acquisition of needed goods and services.
• Ensure all products are prepared in a consistent manner and meet appearance/quality standards.
• Ensure proper grooming and hygiene standards for all kitchen staff.
• Ensure all kitchen employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
• Ensure proper purchasing, receiving and food storage standards in the kitchen.
• Interact with guests to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation and service levels.
• Actively respond to and handle guest problems and complaints.
• Maintain Quality levels of receiving, storage, production and presentation of food.
• Ensure sufficient staffing levels are scheduled to accommodate business demands, as well as manage overtime.
• Follow and enforce all applicable safety procedures specified for kitchen and food servers.
• Discuss daily food cost reports with key kitchen and F&B team members.
• Review weekly and monthly schedules to meet forecast and budget.
• Train kitchen associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent plate presentations. Also interview and hire new applicants for kitchen.
• Frequently review finished products for quality and presentation before the orders are sent to guest.
• Able to perform additional duties as requested by Management as and when required.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Company Policy.
Executive Chef Duties and Responsibilities:
Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations. Having an eye for detail and creativity to look at things differently will be key to developing the exceptional experience in The Grill at Iron City and catered events in the venue at Iron City.
EDUCATION and SKILLS:
3 Year Hospitality Management or equivalent Culinary university degree.
Able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication in English.
Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Minimum of two years experiences in a similar capacity / function in banquet service, catering, and as an Executive Chef.
Line Cook position also open.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org